It is the location of the Bureau of Meteorology's Regional Forecast Centre in the Northern Territory of Australia. This is perhaps one of the best equipped forecast centres in the tropics, associated with the Darwin Regional Specialized Meteorological Centre (RSMC) , Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre (VAAC) and Tropical Cyclone Warning Centre (TCWC).
AVI movie of Darwin (from Compton's Australian Infopedia v3.0)
Lonely Planet information on Darwin
Map of Darwin(from Compton's Australian
|green||Main Shops||yellow||Entertainment & Dining|
|H||Novotel Darwin Hotel||T||Taxi Rank|
|M||Mirabeena Motel||W||Westpac Bank|
Click on images below to get the full location maps.
|Taxi||about A$15||Seats 4 to 5 people|
|Mini Bus||A$16||Seats up to 12 passengers, same price for 1 or 12 people.|
|Bus||A$1.60||#10 (Casuarina) to the Casuarina depot, most direct route
#4 (Casuarina), the more scenic route.
Look in the local phone book for taxi and mini-bus contact numbers.
Bus time tables are available at the NT Transport & Works page , though they are normally every 15-20 minutes.
If travelling by car, the easiest way is to:
- go along Daly St, which becomes the Stuart Hwy as you pass over a bridge;
- continue until you reach the overpass, which is Bagot Rd;
- turn left into Bagot Rd (which turns into Trower Rd at Nightcliff), follow it out to Casuarina;
- just past Casuarina Shopping Centre you should see the Met Building with the tower and satellite dome on your left;
- turn into Scaturchio St and head towards the building.
|Darwin City Council|| City
Cycle Path Map